In vitro fertilization (IVF):
IVF treatment is a reproductive technology method developed to help couples with infertility problems. This treatment involves transferring the woman’s eggs into the uterus after fertilization. The process steps are as follows:
- Egg Development (Ovulation Induction): The woman’s ovaries are stimulated to produce a number of eggs using hormone drugs.
- Egg Retrieval (Oocyte Aspiration): Mature eggs are removed from the woman’s ovaries through a surgical procedure.
- Sperm Collection and Fertilization: Sperm from the man is combined with eggs under laboratory conditions and fertilization is performed.
- Embryo Culture: Fertilized eggs are cultured in the laboratory for a certain period of time until they develop into embryos.
- Embryo Transfer: Healthy embryos are transferred into the woman’s uterus. This aims to increase the chances of pregnancy.
IVF treatment can help many couples achieve pregnancy, but each case is unique and the chances of success depend on several factors. Before starting treatment, the couple’s situation is assessed and the most appropriate treatment plan is determined.
IVF treatment can be an option for couples who are often unable to achieve a successful pregnancy, but at the same time, success rates can vary depending on many factors. During the treatment process, couples should communicate regularly with their doctor and understand the treatment process.